I made a few modifications to the original patterns - I moved the bodice darts slightly to meet up with the central darts on the skirt, slimmed the sleeves down and added a back vent. I also lengthened the skirt darts slightly to improve the fit, but that's a standard adjustment I make on my (numerous) Charlotte skirts.
I'm trying to learn a new skill or try a new method of construction with every new garment I sew at the moment, to improve my sewing. This is the first time I've added a vent to a skirt. I just read a couple of tutorials I found by googling and it was really straightforward and has turned out really well. I also finished the neckline with (bright pink) bias binding, which I haven't done before. It's not perfect, but this was always going to be a 'try it and see what happens' make. The stripes are a teeny bit off on the side seams and the invisible zip is not so invisible, but I still really love this dress. It's fun combining the in-your-face bold stripes with a longer skirt and sleeves than I'd usually go for.
I'm getting more confident with pattern manipulation now and I'm really pleased with how this 'hack' turned out. I'm definitely going to be messing about with more pattern combinations from now on!